Key Takeaways from HR Technology Conference 2018
Last week’s HR Technology Conference 2018 was action-packed for the Visier team. We welcomed people analytics practitioners and seekers to our booth, where we were excited to show them three new product capabilities:
- CEO Pay Ratio – this enables public companies to more easily meet new US government CEO Pay Ratio disclosure requirements, with pre-built metrics for CEO Pay Ratio and Median Employee Pay. View a short demo.
- Organization Visualization – this first-of-its-kind capability enables leaders to visually conceptualize and interactively explore their organization’s hierarchies. With Visier’s Organization visualization, HR and the business can understand the dynamics of their organization like never before. Watch an overview.
- What If – shows users what will happen if a certain action is taken or change is made. According to Paul Rubenstein, Visier’s Chief People Officer: “Visier’s new What If capability means our customers will be able to test different options, plan better talent choices, and advance HR’s ability to make commercial contribution to the business.” See What If in action.
We also kept busy attending sessions and brought back the best learning here for you. Feel free to download our key takeaways for your use and/or to share with your colleagues.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll find in our notes:
- Women are not being considered for the highest paying and highest promotion roles in the talent pipeline; the succession planning process highlights this gap. Once women fall out of these roles, the pay gap widens.
- If the tools you buy do not improve productivity in some way, why are you doing it? You won’t get adoption and you won’t solve your problems.
- The modern workspace should have balance, health and wellness, and be an incubator for ideas.
- People Analytics is evolving in pursuit of explicit value creation.
- We need very sophisticated workforce planning to have conversations about contingent workforce and gig economy along with full-time roles. It’s about total talent management now.
- Don’t just share job postings online. Use the rule of thumb of 5 to 1: Share five pieces of good content or real stories, and then post a job. Job seekers will see your company as real and will be more likely to listen.
Thank you to everyone that took the time to meet with us at HR Technology Conference–we look forward to connecting with you again soon.
Be the first to know!
Get the newest and featured content delivered straight to your inbox.