Alerts and Advisories
March 12, 2020: A Letter to Our Customers from John Schwarz, CEO and Founder
Dear Visier customers,
As I know that the ongoing Covid-19 epidemic is top of mind for many of you, I am writing this letter to update you on the actions our company is taking in response to this situation.
First, let me assure you that we do not expect to see any service interrupts due to Covid-19. As always, we are doing our best to ensure that our Visier People® services remain accessible and uninterrupted during this time.
Internally, our main focus is on the continued health and safety of both our employees, and you, our customers. We have a comprehensive business continuity plan in place that includes safety protocols, travel guidance, and remote work contingencies. We are also actively running simulations to ensure we are fully prepared in the event of a change in our work environment. With regards to business travel, for now, we have stopped all non-essential travel and are assessing any other travel needs on a case-by-case basis.
During these times, it is incredibly important for us to maintain healthy relationships with you, our customers. That means ensuring we remain available and in contact, while still attempting to limit personal exposure for the benefit of everyone.
While we hope our normal sales and service relationships will be able to continue as usual, we understand that like us, many organizations are adopting their own precautionary policies to reduce the potential risk to their employees and partners. To limit disruption as much as possible, we can employ one of the many video meeting technologies available for future meetings in this manner. Zoom is our preferred method of communication, but we can work with your teams on what tools are best. Essential and critical in-person meeting requests will be considered, and we will generally permit travel for such meetings under the guidelines of the health and safety authorities in those regions.
As you know, our annual Outsmart conference has been scheduled for May 6-8 in Orlando. We are actively assessing the current situation and will keep you up to date on any changes we make.
As always, we thank you for your business and trust in Visier. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have.
John Schwarz CEO and Founder
March 11, 2020: Visier Response to Covid-19 by Paul Rubenstein, Chief People Officer (CPO) and Nigel Stoodley, Chief Customer Officer (CCO)
The health and safety of Visier customers, their employees, and our employees is very important to us. Visier’s Executive Management team is continuing to closely monitor the global situation while our cross-functional teams have taken preemptive actions to minimize business and service disruptions across our global offices.
It is paramount that we do everything we can to keep everyone safe during this period of uncertainty. Therefore we have taken the following actions:
- Visier has a Pandemic plan to ensure business continuity.
- As an organization, we are erring on the side of caution, and we have suspended travel for our employees through to April 30 to help limit the possibility of any virus transmission to our customers and to our employees. We are actively reviewing and updating the travel suspension as the situation changes.
- We have instituted a workplace health protocol in the event any employee might be exposed to Covid-19.
- We have prepared for an extended outbreak or city-wide quarantine at our work locations, and have tested our continuity plans that include remote work capabilities.
- Visier has a secure and highly robust infrastructure to support employees working remotely for an extended period of time. As per Visier’s SOC 2 controls, our existing technical controls restrict all remote access to our networks only via encrypted and secure means.
- To ensure we have a process robust enough to protect our employees and visitors, we have also deployed other precautions such as:
- Increasing our cleaning specification in high traffic areas within our offices.
- Preparing for and developing protocols to respond to suspected and confirmed cases Covid-19.
- Engaging with specialist contractors, so that should an incident occur, we are able to deploy a team to fully disinfect any of our offices.
As we continue to monitor changes in the global landscape, we will update this site to keep customers informed of our responses.