Visier Launches New Applied Big Data Solution for Healthcare Providers
Visier People Analytics for Healthcare enables hospitals to connect their workforce to patient satisfaction, driving better outcomes
VANCOUVER, BC and SAN JOSE, CA – Visier, the leader in People Analytics, today announced the launch of a new Applied Big Data solution for healthcare providers. VisierTM People Analytics for Healthcare includes workforce analytics and planning capabilities that are purpose-built to meet the specific needs of healthcare providers — including connecting workforce dynamics to patient satisfaction and outcomes.
“The healthcare industry today is facing a perfect storm,” says John Schwarz, CEO and Founder, Visier. “On one hand there has been unprecedented growth in demand for healthcare services. On the other, market and regulatory pressures require hospitals to continuously improve patient satisfaction and reduce costs and readmission rates to obtain full value from insurance reimbursements. The biggest factor in both dimensions is the workforce: a highly specialized and very mobile group of skilled caregivers who are constantly in short supply.”
VisierTM People Analytics for Healthcare includes workforce analytics and planning capabilities that are purpose-built to meet the specific needs of healthcare providers.
The Impact of Healthcare Reform on Healthcare Providers
As a result of healthcare reform, healthcare providers are facing new pressures: in just the last few years as many as 18 million more people have healthcare coverage. At the same time, the population is aging and people are living longer with chronic medical conditions: by 2030 more than 20% of US residents will be 65 or older, compared to 13% in 2010.
Healthcare reform has also placed new pressures on hospitals: connecting patient satisfaction, measured through the standardized Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey, and patient readmissions directly to Medicare and Medicaid payments.
The Connection between the Workforce and Patient Outcomes
“The healthcare workforce is the primary driver of patient satisfaction and outcomes,” says Schwarz. “Healthcare providers are more motivated today than ever before to measure, understand, and plan how they hire, develop, engage, and retain their workforce. At Visier we have certainly seen this reflected in hot demand from the industry for our People Analytics solutions.”
Visier’s healthcare provider customer list includes many leading hospitals.
VisierTM People Analytics for Healthcare enables hospitals to understand what workforce dynamics drive HCAHPS scores.
Critical People Analytics Capabilities for Healthcare
With Visier People Analytics for Healthcare, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and other providers can now answer hundreds of critical questions about their specialized workforces, such as:
- How are vacant positions or rates of sick leave affecting the HCAHPS scores?
- Does higher employee engagement lead to higher patient satisfaction?
- Do more experienced and better qualified teams have lower patient readmission rates?
- Which key members of staff are most likely to leave?
- How can we better plan for the retirement of experienced nursing staff?
As well, with Visier healthcare providers can ensure they build the right workforce to meet their future requirements, in time. This includes the ability to:
- Understand the current workforce costs and forecast based on multiple scenarios
- Integrate data from a merged hospital in weeks and use this to plan the new organization
- Identify the cost impacts of altering the balance of contingent and permanent staff
- Apply and adjust historic trends for turnover and cost changes to develop and monitor detailed workforce plans
- Easily and securely share plans and analyses to business stakeholders to enhance decision making and on target delivery
With Visier People Analytics for Healthcare, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and other providers can now answer hundreds of critical questions about their specialized workforces
- What is HCAHPS and What Does It Mean for Healthcare Worker Engagement
- Prepare for Nurse Retirements and Shortage with Intelligent Workforce Planning
- 10 Workforce Intelligence Cures for Improving Nurse Retention
- From Healthcare Worker Engagement to Patient Satisfaction: Six-Step Guide to Building a Service-Value Chain
Visier’s purpose is to help people see the truth and create a better future—now.
Visier was founded to focus on what matters to business people: answering the right questions, even the ones a person might not know to ask. Questions that shape business strategy, provide the impetus for taking action, and drive better business results.
Visier delivers fast, clear people insight by using all the available people data—regardless of source. With best-practice expertise built-in, decision-makers can confidently take action. Thanks to our amazing customers, Visier is the market leader in Workforce Analytics with 5,000 customers in 75 countries around the world.
For more information, visit http://www.visier.com.