Candidate Privacy Notice
Effective starting January 1, 2021
About this Notice
This Privacy Notice (“notice”) sets out how Visier, Inc., Visier Solutions Inc., Visier Limited, and their service providers (collectively, “Visier”) handle your information when you apply for a job or other role with us through our candidate recruitment site https://www.visier.com/company/careers/; through other channels such as LinkedIn; via email; hard copy submission; or through recruitment agencies, and the rights you have in connection with that information. The term “candidate” is used in this notice to refer to anyone who applies for a job role, or who otherwise seeks to work with us, whether on a permanent or non-permanent basis. This notice supplements our Visier Privacy Statement at https://www.visier.com/privacy.
Collection of Candidate Information
We collect the following types and categories of information directly from you:
- Identification information such as name;
- Contact information such as address, telephone number, email address;
- Experience information such as past employment history (including previous employers, job titles or positions), information about your educational background, your skills and professional qualifications, your current or former compensation to the extent permitted by applicable law, and board and advisory roles;
- The position(s) you wish to be considered, willingness to relocate, and other job preferences;
- How you heard about the position;
- Referral names and contact information for referrals; and
- Other information you submit, including a CV, resume, or public profile.
If your application progresses, we may also collect and process the following to the extent permitted under applicable law:
- Information collected as part of the interview process such as notes taken from your interview and test scores;
- References provided by referees;
- Information provided by recruitment agencies;
- Other background information provided or confirmed by academic institutions or certification providers;
- Criminal records information obtained through criminal records checks;
- Information provided by background checking agencies including credit checks and cross-identity checks; and
- Information collected from publicly available sources including social media platforms you use or other information available online.
Use of Candidate Information
We use your candidate information in connection with our recruitment process. This includes assessing your skills, background for a role, verifying your information, carrying out reference or background checks (where applicable), managing the recruitment process and communicating with you about it, informing you of potential opportunities, and preparing offers of employment including compensation.
We may de-identify and aggregate your information with other information we collect for purposes of performing statistical and other data analysis.
If you are hired, Visier will maintain candidate information as part of your employee record and process it in accordance with applicable law including the Visier Employee Privacy Notice, a copy of which will be provided when you are onboarded as an employee.
Sharing Candidate Information
Only authorized personnel (e.g. human resources, legal and appropriate managers) have access to candidate information for the legitimate business purposes described in this notice.
We may share candidate information:
- With Visier subsidiaries and affiliates in order to carry out the uses of candidate information described above;
- With a Visier employee who has referred you to inform them about the status and outcome of the referral;
- With third party service providers that process candidate information on our behalf including recruitment agencies, background checking agencies, recruitment platform providers and providers of hosting services in relation to our careers website. Where required, they will be subject to contractual obligations to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures and to process it only as instructed by Visier;
- Where required by law, or by a court order, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we determine it is necessary to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property; and
- As necessary to prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Visier, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or as otherwise required by law.
Candidate information may be processed by third parties, including Visier’s group companies and third party vendors, who may be based in countries other than your country of residence, including the United States. Visier implements measures with any recipients of candidate information to ensure it remains protected in accordance with this Notice and applicable data protection laws.
International Transfers within Visier Companies and to Third Parties
Visier operates globally and transfers personal information to Visier in the U.S, to any Visier subsidiary, or to third parties and business partners that are located in countries around the world. Personal information may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and in countries which are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission (EC) and which may not provide for the same level of protection as the EEA. When you provide personal information to Visier, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different. Our privacy practices are aligned with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). Visier complies with applicable data protection laws when transferring personal information and will always protect your information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Visier utilizes EC-approved standard contractual data protection clauses, or other appropriate legal mechanisms to safeguard the transfer.
Privacy Shield Notice
Visier participates in and continues to certify its compliance with the Privacy Shield Frameworks set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce for the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union (EU), United Kingdom (UK), and Switzerland, to the United States. Visier is committed to complying with the Privacy Shield Principles for all personal information received from the EU and the UK and/or Switzerland in reliance on the Privacy Shield Frameworks. If there is any conflict between this Privacy Notice and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles will take precedence. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Program and view Visier’s Privacy Shield certification, please visit the Privacy Shield Framework site maintained by the United States Department of Commerce, currently located at http://www.privacyshield.gov.
We are responsible under these Frameworks for the processing of personal information we receive and, in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles regarding onward transfers, the processing of personal information we subsequently transfer to a third party acting as an agent on our behalf. We remain liable, in accordance with these Principles, if our third-party agents process such personal information in a manner inconsistent with these Principles, unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damages.
In addition, we are subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. UK, EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy may contact our Data Protection Officer at: [email protected].
We have further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the UK and EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regards to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the UK and EU in the context of the employment relationship.
Retention of Candidate Information
We retain candidate information as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected and/or as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
We may retain your information after the recruitment process is complete to contact you about potential future opportunities or for record keeping purposes.
Security of Candidate Information
We are committed to protecting your information. We implement reasonable security safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized or inappropriate access or use.
Under applicable law, you may have certain rights in relation to your information. Subject to verification of your identity, you may request access to and correction of your information. Additionally, the following options may be available to you, for the exercise of your rights:
- Provide a description of the information we process about you;
- Rectify or update inaccurate or incomplete information about you;
- Delete or request erasure of information about you (unless an exception applies);
- Restrict the processing of information, in certain circumstances;
- Withdraw your consent where you have previously given consent to process your information; and
- Provide you a copy of your information in a structure, commonly used and machine-readable format, in certain circumstances.
Please note that exercise of your rights to object or restrict processing of your candidate information may impact our ability to consider you for a position with Visier.
If you have questions about this notice, please contact our Privacy Office by email to [email protected] or send a letter by post to: Visier Privacy Office, #400-858 Beatty Street, Vancouver BC, V6B 1C1.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, see our CCPA Privacy Notice at https://www.visier.com/ccpa-privacy-notice/.