Report Finds 91 Percent of Companies Aspire to Increase their Workforce Analytics Maturity Over the Next 24 Months
Visier releases its 2014 State of Workforce Analytics and Planning Survey Report
Vancouver, BC and San Jose, CA — Visier, an innovation leader in workforce analytics and planning, released today its 2014 State of Workforce Analytics and Planning Survey Report, which shares the results of a survey taken by over 300 professionals, the majority Human Resources Directors or Managers, earlier this year.
“We were excited to see that workforce analytics and planning continue to be significant areas of interest at companies today,” says Dave Weisbeck, Chief Strategy Officer, Visier. “But there is a significant gap between where HR wants to be and where they currently are. While the majority rank their companies as low in workforce analytics maturity today, their aspiration is to flip this trend over the next two years — with most becoming strategic, and very few organizations remaining reactive or ad hoc in their approach to analytics.”
Source: 2014 State of Workforce Analytics and Planning Survey Report.
Other highlights of survey findings include:
- Spreadsheets (48%) and HRIS reports (25%) are the most commonly used tools for workforce metrics and analytics – with low satisfaction rates. Only 5% are satisfied with spreadsheets, and just 15% with HRIS reports.
- Users with dedicated workforce analytics solutions are the most satisfied.
- Although most plan to increase their investment in workforce analytics, there is a disconnect between budget and aspirations: 85% of those who plan to maintain their investment aspire to increase their analytics maturity.
- 91% of respondents want to increase their organization’s analytics maturity over the next 24 months.
- Data, process, and definitions are the most common technical barriers to workforce analytics. To learn how to overcome data cleansing barriers, read Visier’s Data Doesn’t Need to Be a Four Letter Word blog post.
- Spreadsheets (62%) and HRIS (21%) are the most commonly used tools for workforce planning today – with low satisfaction rates. Only 7% are satisfied with spreadsheets, and just 24% with their HRIS.
- Users of dedicated workforce planning solutions are the most satisfied.
- 39% do not regularly perform workforce planning. For those that do, annual planning is most common.
- 74% have a budget for workforce planning, which is most often owned by HR.
- Data and lack of automation / repeatability of process are the most common technical barriers to planning.
Visier’s purpose is to help people see the truth and create a better future—now.
Visier was founded to focus on what matters to business people: answering the right questions, even the ones a person might not know to ask. Questions that shape business strategy, provide the impetus for taking action, and drive better business results.
Visier delivers fast, clear people insight by using all the available people data—regardless of source. With best-practice expertise built-in, decision-makers can confidently take action. Thanks to our amazing customers, Visier is the market leader in Workforce Analytics with 5,000 customers in 75 countries around the world.
For more information, visit http://www.visier.com.