QA Manager – Vancouver, Canada
What you'll be doing...
- Define a test strategy and roadmap that will meet the requirements of ensuring top quality releases to customers as we scale
- Provide technical leadership in defining and evolving our test architecture; you will lead by example and take part in hands-on design and delivery of the implementation, ensuring the resulting test framework is maintainable, efficient, effective and able to support increase in scale as products and technologies change and advance
- Lead a team of Software Test Developers; you will coach, mentor and develop team members and you will provide them with direction, guidance, and support
- Plan testing activities across all Visier products and ensure they are executed well; you will review and approve test plans and you will ensure team members are fully utilized, challenged and successful in their roles
- Collaborate with Software Developers on evolving our ability to ensure correctness of data loads through automated testing
What you'll bring to the table...
- Experience working in a SaaS/ Cloud environment for a software product development company
- 4+ years of progressive experience in software testing, preferably in an agile (scrum) environment
- 2+ years of automation testing experience (incl. proven experience in design & implementation of test automation frameworks)
- Proven experience in leading a high-performing development or testing team including identifying and implementing staff development plans and fostering a professional and productive work environment for team members
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative approaches and flexible in working with others
- Demonstrated drive and ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Results oriented, high attention to detail, takes ownership and initiative in responsibilities and leads by example
- Extensive working knowledge of software automation testing techniques, QA best practices and testing automation technologies
- Experience in BI/Analysis; in particular, understanding and experience in the use of business intelligence and analytics in large enterprises and experience with project management methodologies and tools is an asset
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Sound Like A Match?
What To Expect
This isn’t just about us getting to know you. We believe that you need to get your hands dirty (so to speak) to make sure Visier is the right career opportunity for you. So feel free to ask lots of questions, read up on our company news, check out our thought leadership and peep our social media channels. As you get to know what we’re all about, we hope that you’ll become increasingly confident and excited that Visier could be your next big move.
Once your application is received and reviewed, qualified candidates will move on to our next steps.
- Chat with our Talent Acquisition team
- Complete a technical assessment
- Come onsite for a technical interview with the hiring manager and your potential team
- Meet with one of our executive leaders and learn how your career can grow with Visier