Our annual people analytics and workforce planning conference, Visier Outsmart, has wrapped and we’re excited to share all that happened with you. “Be Courageous” was a theme overheard in many of the sessions and conversations. With people analytics and data-driven workforce planning both ever-evolving, HR and business leaders must continuously be fearless in their pursuit of innovation and change within their organizations. Here’s a recap of Visier Outsmart 2018:
Two days packed with insights
We had many fantastic speakers at this year’s conference, covering topics that included the key ingredients for success when implement people analytics and workforce planning solutions, pushing the boundaries of people analytics, the Future of HR, talent acquisition analytics, improving learning and performance with data, storytelling with data, and transforming leadership dialogs with people analytics. Please feel free to download our notes straight from the link below!
Here’s are a few highlights from the sessions:
- Don’t just think about retention predictors, but use analytics to figure out how to solve an issue like productivity
- People want to have a Netflix-like experience, but the issue with that it provides recommendations based on what you’ve done in the past, but if you want to change and pivot where you want to go?
- You can start strategic planning without doing the operational planning. You can start modeling out future-states right away. Jump right into that long-range planning without going the operational route.
- HR has a responsibility to put the tools and strategies in place that will help the company do good things
- Your CHRO is your most effective champion. If they’re saying “this is a tool to solve business problems,” it changes the tone of adoption and use.
- Talent has the same challenges as other HR functions. They need to start talking business. Time to fill is of no interest. Talk about what that competitive differentiator is in talent and then, you can set a different stage.
- Don’t make assumptions and truly listen to your community and stakeholders
- Show people data compelling to the work that they’re doing and they’re likely to be receptive
Congratulations to our Vizzies™
We also held our inaugural Vizzies at this year’s Outsmart conference. The Vizzies recognize stand-out individuals and teams in the areas of people analytics, data-driven workforce planning, data-driven storytelling, HR impact and business results, and more.
“We are honored to partner with leading organizations from around the world to help transform their people strategies. The Vizzies symbolize the impact that effective people analytics and workforce planning can have improving business performance,” said John Schwarz, Visier’s Co-Founder and CEO.
A Look Into the Future (Literally)
Visier Outsmart is one of the first places you’ll hear (and see) the latest innovations going into our award-winning solution, Visier People™. This year, we announced the availability of Career Journeys™, a first-of-its-kind capability – now included in Visier People: Talent – that analyzes the lifecycle of an organization’s people to answer important questions about the movement and development of talent. With Career Journeys, people managers can understand career mobility like never before, answering questions such as:
- What intermediate roles should I consider to achieve my career goals?
- Which path is the quickest, and which is the most common?
- How long does an individual typically stay in each role?
Career Journeys is an exciting capability that will help talent leaders calculate the many routes employees have taken from one role to another. The outcome is a map of all the career paths taken within an organization, with insights into the fastest and most common paths.
Thank you to everyone that joined us at this year’s Visier Outsmart! You can see even more of what happened at the conference at #VisierOutsmart.
About the author: Karra Barron
Karra Barron is Visier's Sr. Content Marketing Manager and has over a decade of experience using storytelling to move people into action. At Visier, she is responsible for developing a wide range of thought leadership resources that educate and inspire business users to become data-driven leaders.
Be the first to know!
Never miss a story! Get the Outsmart newsletter.