Visier is a software-as-a-service start-up located in Vancouver, Canada founded by a couple of the pioneers of the business intelligence software industry. To fuel our growth plans, we require talented individuals who will thrive in the relative chaos of a start-up environment, and who love rolling up their sleeves, being highly creative, and diving in to achieve success.
Our vision is ambitious – to redefine the field of Business Analytics by creating domain-specific and end-user centric analytic applications, rather than simply building hard to use, generic business intelligence tools targeted at IT departments. Our first mission is to bring the UX-centric design revolution that has occurred in the consumer software world over the past few years into the domain of human resources analytics. The goal is to identify the most important insights and deliver them to our users in an easy to use and highly visually attractive way. We are still a small development team, and so we are looking for people who want to grow, learn, and wear multiple hats.
You will be working on the leading edge of technology, on either our server back-end or our user interface. Much of our technology is being built from the ground up, and so we want people looking to work both independently and with a team to take ownership of a part of our solution.
Working on the server back-end, you will gain experience implementing highly parallel processing techniques, in-memory databases, and work on the server framework needed to support a cloud-based application.
Desired Skills & Experience
Experience in the following areas would be an asset:
- Linux, Windows, J2EE
- Java, Flex, Actionscript, HTML, Mobile (iOS)
- REST, JSON
- MDX, SQL
- Building scalable servers
- UI design, User experience
- Software design, software life-cycle, development methodologies, unit-testing, maven
- Business graphics, visualizations
Ideal candidates are:
- High-achievers who are not timid and have demonstrated the ability to solve difficult problems
- Self-starters who understand where we are going and able to fill in the blanks
- Quality conscious and can distinguish between bad and good source code
- Excellent communicators who can see and effectively resolve differences in understanding
- 2 or more years of professional experienced
- Hold a computer science, engineering or mathematics degree
Please send your information to: email@example.com